Let's Get Started
- Download the Registration Form.
- Complete and sign the form and then email it to email@example.com.
- Allow up to three business days to be notified of the status of your registration. Your business is NOT registered until you receive a verification letter from the Department of Finance.
- Download and save the New Business Registration form.
- Complete, print, and mail the form to:
City of Pittsburgh
414 Grant Street RM 207
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-2476
- Register your business by coming into the Department of Finance.
- Please call 412-255-2543 for any questions regarding the application form and/or to have the registration form mailed to you.
- Interested in learning and getting notifications about City of Pittsburgh’s bid opportunities? Sign-up for Beacon to get notifications about upcoming procurement opportunities.
- Connecting entrepreneurs to business resources. Learn more about Pittsburgh’s accelerators and incubators, funding opportunities, tax credits, and local events.
- The Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections issues the following Business Licenses:
- Bed and Breakfast
- Junk Dealer
- Parking Lot
- Secondhand Dealer
- Solicitation (Tag Day)
- Trade Fair
- Transient Merchant
- Vendor (Includes peddler and ticket reselling)
Visit the Department of Permits, Licenses & Inspections for more information.
Learn more about how to start your business in Pennsylvania through the PA Small Business Development Center.