If you know of a publicly-owned lot that you are interested in greening up, and you meet the below requirements for the Green Up Program, please download and complete the application.
- Publicly-owned property (City, 3TB, URA)
- Highly-visible, impactful location
- Community capacity for volunteer stewardship
- Applicants must be able to obtain General Liability Insurance that meets the City's requirements for the lot(s).
- Community Steward completes and submits Green Up application.
- Partners review Green Up Pittsburgh applications and approve site.
- Horticultural Consultant completes soil testing on potential lots. (2-3 weeks).
- Partners choose one or more safe lots & select plants and design.
- Partners sign a License Agreement for ongoing stewardship.
- The Green Team clears and preps site.
- Horticultural Consultant, the Green Team, the steward organization and neighborhood volunteers plant site.
- The steward organization continues ongoing maintenance with assistance from the Green Team.
The Green Up Pittsburgh Program has two planting cycles annually: spring and fall. Due to the large amount of applications we receive, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.