The role of the Engineering division is to ensure the structural and operational integrity of the City’s public Rights of Ways by engineering safe, affordable, functional, attractive, multimodal, and responsive infrastructure projects in a timely and proficient manner. These projects include:
- Retaining walls
- Ancillary structures
Its functions and duties include:
- Managing an annual Infrastructure needs assessment and Four Year Capital Improvement Program.
- Project management of multi-disciplined consultant teams involved in large municipal projects.
- Bridge inspection, maintenance and repair.
- Engineer designs for smaller municipal projects including slide remediation.
- Preparation of construction bid documents.
- Construction project management.
- Oversee the City’s annual resurfacing program.
- Outside agency project liaison and coordination