Stationary Vendor License
Stationary Vendors are given license to vend at fixed locations or designated sports/entertainment facilities.
Vending and peddling activities within the City of Pittsburgh are regulated by the Code of Ordinances Title 7 - Chapter 719 Vendors and Peddlers.
How to Get a Stationary Vendor License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
City of Pittsburgh
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
- Proof of identification and age. Must be at least 18 years old.
- A tax ID letter from the Finance Department registering your business for city taxes.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.
- Two glossy passport-sized photos of the license holder. These photos should be current.
- If the license holder is vending as an employee of a company, a letter from the company on company letterhead is required, along with proof of the employer's workers compensation insurance, in the form of a Certificate of Insurance with the City of Pittsburgh as Certificate Holder.
- If vending anything for human consumption, a copy of an Allegheny County Health Department License will be required.
- Please consult the maps of prohibited vending locations in the City of Pittsburgh. Peddling is prohibited within the Central Business District, shown on map number 1. Peddling within the shaded boundaries on maps 2-7 is also prohibited.
Current Vacant Locations
- FT. DUQUESNE BLVD - CORNERS OF 7th (BRIDGE SIDE) [NE CORNER]
- FT. DUQUESNE BLVD - CORNERS OF 7TH (BRIDGE SIDE) [NW CORNER]
- FT. DUQUESNE BLVD - CORNERS OF 7TH (DT SIDE) [SE CORNER]
- FT. DUQUESNE BLVD - CORNERS OF 7TH (DT SIDE) [SW CORNER]
- NORTH ST CLAIR @ BUNKER HILL (next to City tennis courts)
- MOORE PARK - SITE 1
- MOORE PARK - SITE 2 - NEAR PLAYGROUND AND POOL
- BROOKLINE BLVD & WEST LIBERTY
- FINEVIEW BASEBALL FIELD PARKING AREA @ JAY STREET
- SMITHFIELD ST @ FOURTH AVE (adjacent to the bus lane)
How to Nominate a New Vending Site:
- Applicant submits a vending nomination form to the Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections (PLI).
- The nominated site will be reviewed by the vending site committee, who meets twice per year.
- If approved, the application will be forwarded to City Council for approval. The Council approval process takes approximately four weeks.
- If City Council approves, the site will be immediately advertised in a public publication, such as a newspaper.
- Applicants will be taken from any qualified individual wishing to vend at the site after it has been publically advertised.
- If more than one qualified application for the site is received, then a lottery will be conducted and a list is created.
- Sites will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis to any qualified individual meeting the requirements set forth in the application.
- If more than one qualified application for the site is received, then a lottery will be conducted and a list will be created.
- Position #1 on the lottery list gets first right of refusal.
- If #1 decides they no longer want to vend at the site, then Position #2 gets the next right of refusal and so on until the list has been exhausted.