Biannual Curbside Collection
The City of Pittsburgh offers special curbside collection days twice a year to promote environmentally-friendly disposal of your seasonal yard debris. Please check the collection calendar tab above or visit PGH.ST to schedule reminders for upcoming dates.
We will collect the following items curbside:
- Branches (4" diameter or less)
- Items must be in paper bags weighing less than 35 pounds. No plastic bags!
- Bundle all branches with fiber twine or natural rope in lengths of 5 feet or less
- Set these items out at the curb at your regular collection spot before 6:00 a.m. on the morning of the collection day.
Yard waste that does not meet the collection guidelines will be left at the curb.
City residents may also bring their yard waste to one of our participating drop-off centers, year round.
Locations are open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Proof of residency is required. Fees may apply.
- Tree trimmings
- Shrubs - loose or placed in paper bags
- Christmas trees - no lights or decorations
- Plastic bags
- Stones, dirt or rocks